Argyle House is a beautiful Victorian terrace property set on the West Cliff of Whitby. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests however due to the nature of the property this can make access for guests with limited mobility difficult.
Argyle house is located on a gentle hill with bedrooms on different levels, with steps leading up to the entrance and between floors, making them unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- Argyle House is located on a main road one street behind the cliff top with easy access by car
- Nearest bus stop to town centre is around the corner 50yds away
- Nearest shop is 200yds away
- Whitby Railway Station is approx' 0.5 mile away. Plenty of taxis are available around the station.
- Argyle House do not accept pets.
- Large print menu available on request
- We have a comprehensive website- www.argyle-house.co.uk showing photographs of all our bedrooms
Arrival & car parking facilities
- Please advise us when making a booking of your anticipated arrival time
- Rooms are available before 1pm or after 4pm. We ask you to vacate by 10am on day of departure.
- Parking is Free 'on-street' outside the hotel.
- A 24hr council car park is available only 100yrds away.
- We are walker and cyclist friendly
- We always offer assistance with luggage.
Main entrance & reception
Public areas - General (internal)
The front door leads to the hallway and reception
The dining room is accessed through a door off the main hallway. Separate tables are provided for each room
Argyle house has 3 main staircases consisting of half landings. 12 steps leading to the first half landing where their is an ironing board and hair staraightener then a further 6 steps to the first floor where their are three bedrooms. All staircases have handrails to one side
9 steps to another half landing then another 9 steps to the 2nd floor where their are two bedrooms.
A final flight of 13 steps takes you to the third floor where their are two large attic rooms.
All rooms including public areas have central heating, with thermostatic valves in the bedrooms.
We have 7 bedrooms set on 3 floors all are fully carpeted and central heated
All rooms are en-suite
Unlimited Beverage facilities in all rooms
TV's (some lcd tv/dvd), Hairdryers, towels, toiletries and iPod docking clock radios are provided in all bedrooms
Memory foam beds in some rooms
All rooms are spacious and decorated to the highest standard
- A full Fire & lighting System is in operation
- Fire extinguishers are distributed around the hotel and clearly marked
- Please read the fire instruction in your room ( If you have any hearing impairments please advise on arrival )
- Argyle House is FULLY NON SMOKING
- We are happy to cater for ALL special diets and certain likes and dislikes. Please advise before arrival.
- Vegetarian option is standard.
- Free WiFi access is available throughout the guest house, please ask for the access code
Argyle house, 18 Hudson Street, Whitby. North Yorkshire. YO21 3EP.
Tel: ++44 (0)1947 602733
Hours of operation: 9am to 9pm 7 days a week
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any constructive comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org
so we can make plans to improve your stay at Argyle House.